Law is a set of rules and policies that is implemented in a specific city, state or country and to be followed by the inhabitants of that place.
Every single state and country has their own specific law about property, criminals, contracts, business and much more.
Along with these laws, many of them have some strange and weird laws just like a Russian law, according to which you are not allowed to drive a dirty car, and if you do so you will be fined with 100 USD.
In this post, we’ll write about some amazing laws that are implemented around the world.
1) In New York, USA– you are not allowed to jump off a building of five story or higher. If someone try to do so he’ll be penalized and the punishment is death. (After jumping off a five storey building how can one be still alive, I am still thinking.)
2) No one is allowed to chew gum in Singapore. Chewing gum is banned in Singapore since 1992 that also included ban on sale and import of chewing gum. One can be fined upto to 2000 USD for breaking this law.
3) In China, a couple can’t have more then one child. This policy was introduced and implemented in 1978 to control the country’s population which was increasing rapidly. In some rural areas, if first child is a girl, mentally disable or ill, the couples are allowed to have second child. Breaking the law can cause heavy monetary penalties by the government.
Here are some other interesting facts:
- In Denmark, if you illegally escaped from a prison, you didn’t break the law.
- In Bangladesh, children over 15 year are sent to prison if found cheating during exams.
- In Burma, it was illegal to have an internet connection until 2000 A.D, and still the prices are kept too high by the government that common people can hardly bear its cost.
- It was not allowed to have a private car in Bermuda until 1948.
How was the post? We’ll wait for your Feedback, also please do not forget to post weird and strange laws in your cities and countries in comments.