Deepak Chopra has carved out his mark on the world of personal development and spirituality. To better understand what shapes his beliefs and forms the basis of his teachings, just take a moment to explore some of his more noteworthy quotes.
Deepak Chopra is an acclaimed writer, speaker, and thinker about all things metaphysical. In the following quotes he explores our relationships and the challenges we will often face and through is thoughtful and introspective style, offers practical guidance.
1. “Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.” (Deepak is well known for his exploration of all things related to relationships and this theme of meanings and connections within a person’s own life is a common in his quotes and books)
2. “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” (Very good advice in the sense that the common reaction when things are getting a little crazy is to ramp up the chaos through one’s own behavior. Sometimes it becomes necessary to swim against the current. There is another quote, though not from Chopra that I am fond of. It goes like this….when emotions run high, logic runs low. So do not allow chaos to color your attitude and behavior. Recognize if for what it is, part of nature.)
3. Even when you think you have your life all mapped out, things happen that shape your destiny in ways you might never have imagined.” (It is not uncommon for any of us to lose sight of the importance of practicing modesty and not failing prey to assumptions about the future. The sooner we realize that the future is always moving and that there are a wide range of potential outcomes, the better we will be in managing our future).
4. “Don’t try to steer the river.” (This is definitely the case of less is more in terms of wisdom. Sometimes we can get too busy trying to do, too much).
5. “If you focus on success, you’ll have stress. But if you pursue excellence, success will be guaranteed.” (I think many of us can attest to this truth. By trying to hard, the very thing you may wish to attain or grasp, seems to move further away).