How many of you like to eat honey and how many of have ever bitten by Honey Bees. According to some fossils’ studies, Honey Bee exist in this world since 40 million years ago and Honey is made by the nectar and a mixture of vitamins and enzymes in Bee’s stomach, this mixture is then dropped into the beeswax comb in form of honey.
Honey has been used as a food and medicine since ancient times.
In this post, we are going to explore some amazing and interesting facts about Honey and Honey Bees.
- Honey Bee is the only insect to produce food that is eaten by man.
- A Honey Bee produces very less amount of honey in her lifetime i-e 1/12th of a teaspoon.
- Once they feel threatened they try to sting the enemy and they die soon after they sting.
- To gather one pound of honey, approximately 556 worker honey bees collect nectar from
more than 2 million flowers while a single honey bee fly around 90,000 miles to make one pound of honey.
- Honey was used as a form of payment by the Egyptians in ancient times.
- A Queen Bee is the largest Bee in the hive and can lay up to 2000 eggs daily.
- It is very easy to digest Honey because it is already digested once by Honey Bee.
- Honey has the best healing effects and it can heal the wounds very quickly and efficiently.
- Honey never spoils. While exploring the Egyptian pyramids, geologists found Honey of those times that was just fine and could be used.
- There are about 20,000 species of honeybees and amazingly just four of them can make honey.
- Honey is also known as the nature’s energy booster as it is the greatest source of carbohydrates, glucose and fructose as well as anti-oxidants.
So friends, how was the post? We’ll be waiting for your feedback in comments.