For the last couple of months Katharine had this strange sort of pain in her lower back but today the pain was just too severe for her. In fact, this pain was not in her back instead it was in her abdomen and it was so severe that she was taken to hospital and diagnosed with Kidney Stones after clinical examination.
Like Katherine, many of us and our loved ones may suffer or currently suffering from kidney stone. Some important questions arises here i.e What is a kidney stone? How it forms? How can these stones harm the human body and how can we avoid it?
In this post, we’ll tell you guys about the causes, symptoms and treatment of kidney stone and will try to answer the most important question i.e how to avoid kidney stones?
Kidney Stones What & Why
- The stones in kidney develops when a collection of minerals and other material form a stone in kidney.
- The stone may be as small as that it can never be detected and wouldn’t cause any problem. (usually stone less than 0.2 Inches will cause no pain or manageable pain)
- Problem starts when stones takes a large shape and start to cause pain and blockage of urine flow.
- If not cured and treated at early stage of its detection it can cause long term kidney complications.
- Adults are the usual victims of kidney stones as compare to children.
- A kidney stone usually forms when substances that are normally found in the urine, such as calcium, oxalate, cystine, or uric acid, are at high levels, although in some cases where normal level of these materials may also cause formation of stones in kidney.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
- Severe or mild pain in Back or Belly
- Blood in Urine
- Excessive Need to Urinate
- Personally, my first and the last idea for a patient is to see the doctor as soon as possible to avoid more complexities regarding stones in kidney.
- In case of small stone use fluids should be increase to flush out stone.
- In case of sever cases the patient may be hospitalized for to stop stones from damaging kidneys.
How to Avoid kidney stones?
- First of all, “SEE YOUR DOCTOR”, because whatever you do to avoid the kidney stones or to stop pains in case of lower abdominal and back pains, only Doctor can diagnose the actual problem.
- Test you blood and Urine samples if you feel any symptoms of kidney stone whether severe or mild.
- Try to take more fluids like water and juices, but water is the best one.
- Low Sodium Diet
- Avoid Vitamin C Supplements and if these supplements are prescribed by your doctor than take his advice.
We hope that you liked this post and it was helpful for you. If anyone of you have some other experience, suggestion or advice please do share with us and all our fans and visitors.