Pomegranate is a fruit, a medicine, a herb and much more. According to many researchers, pomegranate juice is one of the best foods that can be utilized to help with the fight against Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Alzheimer and blood pressure issues. Let us explore some of the medicinal benefits of Pomegranates.
What is Pomegranate?
A Pomegranate is a reddish-pink colored fruit filled with hundreds of seeds that are surrounded by juice-filled sacs. Pomegranates’ juice is considered one of the best cancer fighting anti-oxidants. The name pomegranate is derived from Medieval Latin “pōmum” means “apple” and “grānātum ” means “seeded”. Pomegranate seeds are also used as a spice known as anardana (from Persian: anar+dana, pomegranate+seed). Here are. In the Holy Qur’an (Holy book of Muslims), Pomegranate is mentioned as the fruit of Paradise. Here are some worth while reading medicinal benefits of Pomegranate:
- The rind of the fruit and the bark of the pomegranate tree are used as a
traditional remedy against diarrhea, dysentery and intestinal parasites.
- The seeds and juice are considered a tonic for the heart and throat, and classified as a bitter-astringent (pitta or fire) component under the Ayurvedic system, and considered a healthful counterbalance to a diet high in sweet-fatty (kapha or earth) components.
- Pomegranate juice is one of the best cancer fighting anti-oxidants and is believed to contribute to the prevention of breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer.
- The astringent qualities of the flower juice, rind and tree bark are considered valuable for a variety of purposes, such as stopping nose bleeds and gum bleeds, toning skin, and treating hemorrhoids.
- Pomegranate juice (of specific fruit strains) is also used as eye drops as it is believed to slow the development of cataracts.
- Pomegranate extracts have antibacterial effects against dental plaque.