Stephen William Hawking, a Completely paralyzed person who is unable to talk and move since years is now known is one of the world’s greatest physicists. He communicates through a machine device called Speech Generating Device (SGDs) or Voice Output Communication Aids, in fact, he has written a book and many research papers using this device. It’s unbelievable to know about his achievements that includes black holes and many other theories. Lets talk about some amazing and interesting facts about Stephen Hawking along with a short introduction.
Name: Stephen William Hawking
Born: 8 January 1942 in Oxford, England
Age: 70 Years
- Theoretical physics
- Black holes
- Hawking radiation
- Quantum gravity
- Albert Einstein Award
- Wolf Prize
- Presidential Medal of Freedom
Some amazing facts about Stephen Hawking:
1. Stephen Hawking born on 8th January, 1942 exactly after 300 years of Galileo’s death and everyone know about their explorations in space.
2. Now a days, Stephen Hawking is known as the greatest physicist of current era but did you know he was a below average student when he was 9. Yes guys, he ranked as the worst student of the class but still his teachers used to think that he is a genius and will shock the world with his talent in future. By the Way, his nickname was “Einstein”.
3. Before his illness, he was one of the most important members of Oxford Rowing Team. His dedication and perfection made him very popular and he was called as “the adventurous type” by one of his fellow boatman.
4. When he was 21, he was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and according to the doctors he could just live for a few years but amazingly he is still alive in the age of 70.
5. Although Stephen Hawking is completely paralyzed but he still can communicate with the help of a Speech Generating Device. He can speak up to 15 words per minute. Using the same device, he has written a book named “George’s Secret Key to the Universe” and dozens of scientific papers. He also appeared in some TV Shows.
Some of the coolest sayings and quotes of Stephen Hawking:
1. I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We’ve created life in our own image.
2. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
3. My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is
and why it exists at all.
4. The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
5. I have no idea [what my IQ is]. People who boast about their IQ are losers.
Stephen hawking is an example for everyone as his disability failed to stop him from exploring the hidden secrets of the world.. Hope you guys liked this post.