Albert Einstein, a child who was born with an abnormal big head and was unable to talk with confidence, later became the greatest physicist of all times. In this post we are going to tell you some amazing and interesting facts about Albert Einstein but first of all a small introduction.
Name: Albert Einstein
Born: 14th March 1879 in Germany
Died: 18th April 1955 in United States
Major field: Physics
- Theory of Brownian Motion
- Mass-energy Equivalence (e=mc2)
- Unified Field Theory
- Nobel Prize in Physics
- Copley Medal
- Time Person of the Century
Some amazing facts about Einstein’s Life:
- Einstein was a very late starter. He started talking at the age of four but still he wasn’t fluent till the age of 9. His parents were very much worried about this but he emerged from his cocoon with them one night while eating dinner. He reportedly said, “The Soup is too hot”. When his parents asked why he didn’t talk before, he replied “Because up to now everything was in order.“
- At the age of 5 his father gifted him with a compass and this was the starting of a revolution in his brain because he became exceptionally curious to know about the force causing the compass to point in various directions.
- He once dropped out from his school for his non-serious behavior towards his studies and he also failed the college entrance exam at the age of 17. He failed all the subjects except science and math.
- According to his Maths professor Hermann Minkowski, he didn’t see any enthusiasm in his
classes, and he once called Einstein a Lazy Dog.
- After Einstein’s death, his brain was removed from his head by Dr. Thomas Stoltz Harvey without the permission of his family. After many years and receiving permission from Hans Albert(Einstein’s son), he started to study his brain and sent the slices of his brain to many other scientists where they found that his brain has extra-ordinary cell formations as compared to a normal person.
- In 1905, he published a paper on mass-energy equivalence where he explained one of the most famous equations of all times, e=mc2. This equation said that small masses could be converted into huge amount of energy and this was the start of nuclear power development.
- He used to hate haircuts (which can be seen in his photographs) and socks while violin and sailing were two of his most favorite things.
Some of the coolest sayings and quotes of Albert Einstein:
- Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.
- A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.
- A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?
- The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
- If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.